Friday, June 22, 2007

Can't sleep

So I'm lying in bed thinking about shooting a triathlon in the morning, followed by all-star lacrosse matches.

While I'm pretty excited about lacrosse I honestly don't have any desire to shoot the tri, and am having a hard time being enthused about it.

Every time I think about how much I don't want to go, I'm reminded of a speaker RD and I heard this spring in Norman. Most of you have heard this little rant before, but I think it's good to be reminded.

A large chunk of Mike Shuh's presentation was about willingness to work. He exhorted us not to blow off the every day assignments but to use them as proving grounds for our ability to handle the really big assignments.

Shuh said three things I'm going to try to live by for the next five weeks, and I hope you guys will join me in this.

1. Champions enjoy the process of getting better.
The will to succeed is nothing without the will to prepare to succeed.

2. Good is the enemy of great.
Don't settle for anything less than your best.

3.Bring your A game. Every assignment. Every day.

That said, I have a quick addendum to the earlier post about Rosco gels.

Those three links are direct links to the pages you use to request swatchbooks for the individual gel types. Going here: http://rosco.com/us/filters/index.asp will take you to the main page for all of their filters and let you look at the specs of the indivual categories.

I have a packet of the Roscolux swatches, but have no idea how the other two types compare. Perhaps someone with more knowledge on the subject can help us out.

ad

1 comment:

Rebecca Davis said...

at least one of us remembers these things...usually and meraculously verbatim. good luck with the triathlon tomorrow AD.