Friday, June 29, 2007

Fanny packs? I think not.

I tend to collect photo bags. I've used backpacks and I've used shoulder bags. I even have that sweet red 1984 Olympics fanny pack Dennis gave me when I bought those lenses from him.

i'm probably going to buy a new backpack, probably the Whickey & Cox from Crumpler (www.crumplerusa.com). Seems like a good way to carry my camera and laptop to school and back.

The thing is, the bags I like for transport are rarely useful for being in the field. It's a puzzle which has plagued me for some time. The Crumpler bag I want is sturdy and secure. Rarely, though, does sturdy and secure equal easy to get into and out of when I'm changing lenses or needed new batteries or (and this happens) needing a new roll of film.

What I've been looking at for a long time, though, is the Modulus belt system from Think Tank. You can see it at www.thinktankphoto.com.

Think Tank was started by photographers and the products are designed by photographers. I like the logic behind their pieces. I hope you guys will take a look and let me know what you think.

I'm all ears for other suggestions as well.

ad

No comments: